Breast Augmentation Tacoma
- What benefits can breast augmentation give me?
- What happens during a breast augmentation procedure?
- What should I expect during recovery?
- Breast augmentation cost
- Arranging your consultation
What is breast augmentation?
Over the years, the women in Pacific Northwest have become more receptive to the idea of cosmetic surgery, particularly breast augmentation and the benefits that it presents. Breast enhancement with breast implants has undoubtedly become one of the most popular procedures in the area as women begin to realize its role in enhancing their physical appearance.
In Dr. Roy Semlacher’s Pacific Northwest clinic, breast augmentation is used routinely to increase the patient’s breast size with the use of saline or silicone implants placed strategically under the patient’s breast tissue or behind the chest muscles.
What benefits can breast augmentation give me?
Choosing to get a breast augmentation is a personal decision that every woman must make on her own. This decision becomes easier to make with a better understanding of its benefits:
- Symmetrically shaped breasts
- Improved overall appearance because of proportional breast size
- Restoration of breast mass after breastfeeding and pregnancy
- Reconstruction of breast tissue after cancer surgery, mastectomy, or other health conditions
- An enhanced self image that boosts self-confidence
In many cases, women choose to pair this procedure with body procedures like abdominoplasty. This results in comprehensive improvement of body contours and is especially popular after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
I had breast augmentation by Dr.Semlacher 9-10 years ago since then I have sent countless friends to him that have also had the surgery done. Why? because they all told me they would have never guessed I had surgery because they looked so natural. I’am now 44 … Read more.
What happens during a breast augmentation procedure?
Breast augmentation is typically an outpatient procedure that can be conducted in a day. In the Pacific Northwest, breast augmentation patients are given the option to receive a local or general anesthesia for the procedure. Once the indicated areas are sufficiently numbed, the breast augmentation surgery can begin.
- The surgeon starts by making an incision on the region of the breasts where the implants will be positioned. Incisions are generally made under the patient’s arm, around the areola, or in the natural crease under the breast.
- Breast tissues will be separated from the muscles and connective tissues of the chest, creating a pocket for the implants. These pockets can be made in front or behind the chest wall.
- The implant is then inserted into the pocket and adjusted as necessary. Saline implants will be empty when they are put in place and will be filled with a sterile saline solution after placement. Silicone implants will be inserted already pre-filled with sterile silicone gel.
- Incisions will be closed using stitches or sutures once the implants are intact and adjusted accordingly.
What should I expect during recovery?
After a breast augmentation, it is normal for the patient to experience soreness, swelling, and bruising at the operation site. Drainage tubes will be used to drain out any excess fluid and blood for a few days, and compression bandages are recommended to reduce the swelling and provide the patient with extra support during recovery. Physical activities must be limited to prevent complications, and any sign of infection must be reported to the physician immediately.
Breast augmentation cost
To better understand breast augmentation cost, it is important to look at the details of the procedure. The choice of breast implant type and incision location will affect the price, as will the overall length of the surgical session.
Arranging your consultation
Click Here to view Before and After Breast Augmentation Photos in Sacramento.