Brow Lift/Forehead Lift Tacoma
What is a brow lift or a forehead lift?
As a person ages, the skin and muscles undergo changes that eventually cause them to droop, sag, and wrinkle. Dr. Roy Semlacher recommends a brow lift, or a forehead lift, to correct the wrinkles and frown lines to develop around forehead region, also usually affecting the area in between the eyebrows and upper eyelids. Because you may not realize it now, but incessant frowning and constantly changing your facial expression will take a toll on your face, and forehead wrinkles and frown lines are clear testaments to that. A brow lift/forehead lift is a surgical procedure that significantly improves the look of an aging face by restoring lost volume and gently pulling and lifting on specific areas of the face.
Why should I consider getting a brow lift or forehead lift?
Getting this procedure done is common for patients between the ages of 40 and 60 who want to have a more relaxed and younger looking face. It is a great option for patients who have visible wrinkles on the forehead, deep furrows or vertical lines in between the eyes, sagging eyebrows, or partially hooded eyelids.
I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how much I appreciate your services. As you may know my wife and I went to other surgeons before coming to your office for her surgery. As her husband it was very difficult for me… Read more.
What are the methods used for a brow lift or forehead lift?
- An endoscopic brow lift is a nominally invasive procedure. The surgeon makes very small incisions that are concealed in the hairline and fiber optic instruments are used to assist in the release and elevation of the tissues underlying the wrinkles in the region.
- A temporal lift is also a minimally invasive technique that is, technically, a scaled back variant of the endoscopic brow lift procedure.
What happens during the procedure?
- The beginning of the procedure, the patient can choose to receive local or general anesthesia to alleviate discomfort during the operation.
- Sections of the patient’s hair where the incisions will be made will be held away from the surgery area. It is a common misconception that larger areas of hair will be shaved off. Usually, it is only a small amount of hair in front of the incision that needs to be trimmed off.
- There are different types of incisions that can be used for a brow lift or forehead lift procedure:
- An incision will be made in front of the ear, following the hairline to the top of the forehead, ending in front of the opposite ear.
- For patients who have an issue with balding, the incision may be made in the middle of the scalp to conceal the scar afterwards.
- Current techniques involve the use of several small incisions across the hairline where and endoscope will be fitted through.
- Excess skin, muscle, and tissues will be trimmed off, and the remaining skin gently hold higher to tighten the forehead region.
- The incisions will be sutured closed.