Brow Lift/Forehead Lift Tacoma
What is a brow lift or a forehead lift?
Dr. Roy Semlacher recommends a forehead lift, or brow lift, in Tacoma to correct the wrinkles and frown lines to develop around forehead region, also usually affecting the area in between the eyebrows and upper eyelids.
As a person ages, the skin and muscles undergo changes that eventually cause them to droop, sag, and wrinkle. You may not realize it now, but incessant frowning and constantly changing your facial expression will take a toll on your face, and forehead wrinkles and frown lines are clear testaments to that.
A brow lift/forehead lift is a surgical procedure that significantly improves the look of an aging face by restoring lost volume and gently pulling and lifting on specific areas of the face.
Why should I consider getting a brow lift or forehead lift?
Getting this procedure done is common for patients between the ages of 40 and 60 who want to have a more relaxed and younger looking face. It is a great option for patients who have visible wrinkles on the forehead, deep furrows or vertical lines in between the eyes, sagging eyebrows, or partially hooded eyelids.
I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how much I appreciate your services. As you may know my wife and I went to other surgeons before coming to your office for her surgery. As her husband it was very difficult for me… Read more.
What are the methods used for a brow lift or forehead lift?
The technique that will be used for a specific brow lift or forehead lift procedure will depend upon the variations of the specific signs of aging that a patient has. The two methods used are:
- An endoscopic brow lift is a nominally invasive procedure. The surgeon makes very small incisions that are concealed in the hairline and fiber optic instruments are used to assist in the release and elevation of the tissues underlying the wrinkles in the region.
- A temporal lift is also a minimally invasive technique that is, technically, a scaled back variant of the endoscopic brow lift procedure.
What happens during the procedure?
- The beginning of the procedure, the patient can choose to receive local or general anesthesia to alleviate discomfort during the operation.
- Sections of the patient’s hair where the incisions will be made will be held away from the surgery area. It is a common misconception that larger areas of hair will be shaved off. Usually, it is only a small amount of hair in front of the incision that needs to be trimmed off.
- There are different types of incisions that can be used for a brow lift or forehead lift procedure:
- An incision will be made in front of the ear, following the hairline to the top of the forehead, ending in front of the opposite ear.
- For patients who have an issue with balding, the incision may be made in the middle of the scalp to conceal the scar afterwards.
- Current techniques involve the use of several small incisions across the hairline where and endoscope will be fitted through.
- Excess skin, muscle, and tissues will be trimmed off, and the remaining skin gently hold higher to tighten the forehead region.
- The incisions will be sutured closed.
What is the healing process like?
After your brow lift surgery, you will be able to return home for recovery and downtime. During this time, there will be bruising and swelling in the region, both of which will fade with the help of ice packs. Time off from work will be required. Follow Dr. Semlacher’s care directions closely to ensure a comfortable healing process and high-quality results.
How much does a brow lift cost?
There is no one set price for a forehead lift; its cost depends on the details of each case. Brow lift cost is impacted by the techniques chosen, the length of time required to perform the surgery, and the anesthesia used.
Contact us to find out more
Schedule a consultation with acclaimed Canadian board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Roy Semlacher to learn more about the forehead lift/brow lift in Tacoma. To arrange your appointment, contact our office today.