Lip Augmentation Tacoma
Board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Roy Semlacher is a top provider of lip augmentation in Tacoma. He employs surgical and non-surgical techniques to achieve natural-looking lip enhancement for his patients.
What Is lip augmentation?
Beautiful, full lips are all the rage today in a pop-culture world where thinner ones just don’t make quite the same impression. For patients in Pacific Northwest who have this kind of dilemma, Dr. Roy Semlacher often recommends a lip augmentation procedure to plump up the lips and make them fuller.
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that can involve the use of injectable dermal fillers to increase the volume of the lips to make them more shapely. This may also improve the overall appearance of the lips by reducing wrinkles and fine lines around it. A lip augmentation may also involve surgical methods when patients desire longer lasting results.
Can everyone receive lip augmentation?
An ideal candidate for lip augmentation should be healthy overall. Certain conditions like diabetes, cold sores, lupus, blood clotting issues, or any form of scarring on the lips can disqualify the patient for this procedure.
What are the methods used in lip augmentation?
In general, lip augmentation can be performed either by the injection of dermal fillers, or with the use of implants and other types of surgery specifically used for enhancement.
I’m fairly attractive and I could wear nice clothes. But I could never wear decent bathing suits or evening gowns… Read more.
Injectable options for lip augmentation includes:
- Synthetic dermal fillers like Artecoll and synthetic collagen
- Autologous fat transfers, fascia, and collagen transfers, which is harvesting the patient’s own fat, fascia tissues, or collagen and injecting it directly into the lips for enhancement
- Dermalogen or fat harvested from deceased donors
- Derivatives of naturally occurring hyaluronic acid including Restylane and Hylaform
Lip implants or other augmentation techniques will require local anesthesia for the procedure, and could take up to two hours to complete, depending upon the final results that the patient wants to achieve. Options include:
- Alloderm, or a sheet of collagen harvested from deceased donors that are inserted through tiny incisions inside the lip.
- Fat grafting is the technique of implanting sections of the patient’s own fat deposits into the lips to achieve the fullness that they desire.
- The implantation of synthetic materials that are not assimilated by the body will result in fuller lips that achieve a more permanent result, but could potentially initiate an allergic reaction because of their composition.
- Flap grafting is another technique for lip augmentation, that involves taking sections of tissue and skin from the inside flap of the patient’s mouth and transferring that to the lip area. This is often recommended as the last resort for lip augmentation because of its invasiveness.
How Much Does Lip Augmentation Cost?
The price of your lip enhancement procedure will depend on the specific techniques Dr. Semlacher recommends to best achieve your aesthetic goals. After Dr. Semlacher creates your personalized treatment plan, the costs associated with your procedure and financing options will be reviewed with you.
Schedule a Consultation for Lip Augmentation in Tacoma
Contact our office to schedule a consultation and find out the optimal treatment approach for enhancing your lips. We look forward to helping you look your best!