Keep Your Tummy Tucked
A tummy tuck, or an abdominoplasty, is a popular cosmetic treatment in the United States. Although it provides excellent results, some patients find it hard to maintain their new figure right after surgery. But with the right diet and exercise, it is indeed possible to keep your new contour for more years to come.
Tummy Tuck Tips on Dieting
- Avoid taking in calories more than what you need. If you haven’t been conscious about what you eat, start doing so by knowing the number of calories of the food you take in.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and other healthier foods. Not only do they have fewer calories, these foods can also aid your recovery.
- Be aware of how your body reacts to hunger and digestion. Spacing your meals does not only allow you to identify this, but it will also prevent you from getting excessively hungry and equally stuffing yourself to replace that hunger. Divide your three meals a day into several smaller ones.
Tummy Tuck Tips on Exercise
- Tone up. This includes regular walking routines and moderate exercises like swimming or biking. It is better to gain strength before undergoing surgery since it will be much easier for you to resume to that routine right after.
- Gradually resume pace. Your level of exercise will not immediately return after you have undergone treatment. Of course, your incisions and stitches will take more time to heal, so don’t aggravate your wounds through instant excessive exercise.
- Burn your calories. The amount of extra calories you have ingested should be equal to the amount you will burn up. Adjust your meals according to the activities you will be doing for the day.
A tummy tuck could be the solution to your flabby problems. Call us today at 916-961-9219 to request a consultation with Dr. Semlacher and learn more about how you can benefit from this procedure.